It is always recommended to keep a backup of essential data. But, what if we accidentally delete/format the disk, then Recuva lets us recover the deleted files/folders/documents/music/images and videos from our Windows PC hard disk drive. It can also retrieve documents from corrupt CDs / DVDs or Hard drives and formatted hard drives.
How to Recover Deleted Files, Folders, Music, Images, and Videos?
Step 1. To recover all the files/folders, images, videos, etc., install and launch the Recuva software, select the “All Files” option and click the Next button.
Step 2. It Then it will prompt to the file location from where we want to recover the files. We can scan the internal hard drive / external hard drive by connecting to a PC, CD / DVD, and even from Recycle Bin. Select the specific location.
Step 3. After, selecting the right option, click the Next button. It will prompt for the type of scan that we require. We can use a normal scan if we have recently deleted the files by mistake and have not overwritten the hard drive/memory card which we are trying to recover the data from. If we have deleted the files and overwritten the data on that disk, we need to choose the “Enable Deep Scan” option.
Step 4. Then, press the Next button to continue scanning the disk. It will show the progress of the file recovery.
Now, wait for a complete scan. It will show us the list of files that Recuva has recovered; we can restore the recovered data to a local disk or any external disk.
Advantages of Recuva
- Recover deleted files from our computer – It recovers deleted files/folders, photographs, documents, music files, and even emails. It also recovers data from any rewriteable media like the digital camera’s memory card, external hard drive, USB key, iPod’s drive, iTunes, etc. It also supports the Nikon RAW and Canon RAW (.CRW) formats.
- Recovery from damaged or formatted disks – We can also recover data from crashed hard drives, formatted drives, camera memory cards, etc.
- Recover deleted emails – If we’re using a desktop program like Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, or Mozilla Thunderbird, and we have deleted any email from Recycle Bin / Trash, etc. Recuva can even recover the permanently deleted emails. When we recover emails with Recuva, they appear in a compressed ZIP file (e.g., Outlook Express.zip). We can use any standard ZIP file reader (including one which is built-in into Windows) to open the. ZIP file up and see the emails inside. This application stores each email on a zip file in a standard. EML format that we can import into any email program.
- Recover deleted iPod music
- Restore unsaved Word documents
- Deep Scan
- Availability of Portable version
- Securely delete files that we want to erase forever – As we can recover the deleted data but, in some cases, If we have some sensitive data on our disk, we can erase it securely using Recuva so that no one can retrieve it later. It will securely erase financial records, passwords, confidential documents, or other information and keep it private.
- Compatible with Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8 / 8.1, Windows 7 / Windows 2008 Server, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 2003 Server
You can download the Recuva app from the official website.