Windows 10 and 11 offer a built-in Disk Management Tool and Diskpart.exe system utility function that helps users and administrators with Disk management tasks. These features are easy to use, but many users prefer more feature-rich disk & partition manager software for their computers. So, if we search for a good-looking ad feature-rich partition manager, we should try MiniTool Partition Wizard.
MiniTool Partition Wizard for Windows 11 and 10
MiniTool Partition Wizard is a free partition management application or disk diagnostic tool for Windows operating systems that can perform many different tasks on hard drives and partitions. It can copy, format, delete, wipe, extend, and resize partitions in our system.
If we want to use the free version of MiniTool Partition Wizard, we must select the “Continue installing free version” option while installing this tool.
After the installation of the MiniTool Partition Wizard, we will see several useful options, including “Migrate OS to SSD/HD Wizard,” “Copy Partition Wizard,” “Copy Disk Wizard,” “Partition Recovery Wizard,” “Convert GPT Disk to MBR Disk,” etc. We are required to select an appropriate option and do the desired tasks.
Features of MiniTool Partition Wizard(Free)
- It supports all Windows operating systems.
- It allows us to copy Windows from its current drive to a different one using the Migrate OS to SSD/HD Wizard feature.
- It can create primary and logical disks with any file system.NTFS, Ext2/3/4, Linux Swap, FAT/FAT32, or can be left unformatted.
- It can convert an NTFS formatted partition to the FAT file system.
- It offers the feature to change the cluster size when formatting a partition.
- It allows us to change the drive letter of any partition.
- It allows us to resize a partition by dragging the size left or right to it, or we can enter the value manually to make it exactly the right size that we want.
- It offers a surface test run to check for bad sectors.
- Partitions and disks can be copied over to other partitions or disks.
- The file system can be checked and/or repaired if damaged.
- Can apply a custom volume label.
- It supports rebuilding the MBR and copying the MBR to a GPT disk.
- Can convert the system disk from MBR to GPT.
- All partitions can be quickly selected to be removed at once.
- Partitions can be hidden to prevent them from displaying alongside the other drives and partitions in File Explorer.
- Allows setting partitions as active or inactive.
- It can easily split a partition into two parts (even if it has data) and then creates a new partition from the resulting free space.
- Only the system partition or the entire disk can be copied.
- Can convert between primary and logical partitions.
- A partition’s serial number and Type ID can be changed.
- Lost partitions can be restored using Partition Recovery Wizard.
- All the data on disks and partitions can be wiped with common data sanitization methods like Write Zero, Random Data, and DoD 5220.22-M.
- The properties of a partition can be viewed, which include the Type ID, file system, serial number, first physical sector, and other details.
- A data recovery tool is included to recover deleted files.
- Allows us to run a benchmark against any disk.
- A built-in disk space analyzer is available.
- Supports multiples languages, including English, Japanese, German, French, Korean, and Italian.
Any changes we make to the partitions and disks using MiniTool Partition Wizard are reflected virtually. It is then sent to the “Operations Pending” section of the program. It is an excellent feature as we can see how the partition changes affect our system. Each pending job will be completed sequentially when we click the Apply button.
It also allows us to make the system partition larger without rebooting the computer. So, if we have unallocated space, we can quickly merge it into our system partition to enlarge it.
Using different operating systems, a single executable file of MiniTool Partition Wizard is enough for us as it supports Windows XP to 11.
Download MiniTool Partition Wizard
We can download MiniTool Partition Wizard Free here.