Drivers are an essential part of your computer irrespective of the Operating System. They are the bridges between you and your system and ensure smooth communication between the two. It is why you need to keep them backed up. Now there are so many options available all over the internet that let you back your drivers up and restore them. DriverBackup is also a Driver backup and restoration utility. It is portable and easy to carry, or you can upload it to the cloud to use with any PC. Along with portability, it offers restoration, backup, removal, command-line options, automatic restoration from CD/DVD, and path formatting features. It also includes an interactive command-line builder.
DriverBackup for Windows 11/10
DriverBackup is a free, portable utility you can use to get the OS drivers if you have lost your driver’s CD.
To begin, download (The link is given at the end of this article) and unzip the DriverBackup software in a folder. Launch the application by double-clicking on the
After launching the DriverBackup, you will find all the drivers, including the third-party drivers, in a discreet view. You can choose which drivers you want to back up and which to skip. The view is similar to the Device Manager with an additional checkbox. You can also
During Backup, you can choose
Once you have decided on the drivers that you want to backup, click on the
You have two Backup options here:-
- Allow DriverBackup to overwrite files in the destination path if required. (Unrecommended) – If you want to overwrite files in the backup path if required, you can check this option. Otherwise, the program may give an error.
- Generate a file for automatic drivers’ restoration – For automatic drivers’ restoration, this option helps generate the executable files. These files include a batch file “Restore.bat” and “Autorun.inf” that enable autorun in removable devices.
Facilities that are provided in DriverBackup software:-
- Compatible with 64-bit systems.
- Automatic generation of autorun files for drivers’ restoration. Advantageous option to create a DVD or Autorun USB drive to install the software on the PC.
- Drivers’ backup is possible from offline or non-booting systems.
- It is convenient if you lose the driver’s disk and don’t know the hardware.
- Backup & restore of Windows drivers, including third-party devices.
Go to sourceforge.net to download the DriverBackup.
You guys are amazing; Keep reading, learning, and growing.
Also read: DriverMax: Backup, Restore and Update your PC drivers